Debora is an extremely compassionate, joyful, and enthusiastic seminar instructor who wanted us to have a good FroSci experience and build a class community. Unfortunately, our class's excitement didn't seem to match hers.
On her teaching--
- Class generally helped reinforce info and clarify topics
- Very thorough feedback
- Chances for homework corrections and extra credit
- Sufficiently knowledgeable about all the content
- Accessible and enthusiastically willing to help
- Showed up pics of her cat!
- Some in-class activities did not feel conducive to learning, at least partially due to zoom
In general, I think she was strongest when directly teaching and weakest when facilitating activities. We tended to do some of both in each class.